Saturday 29 June 2013

Roundhouse





This week we had a multicultural mix at Camas, attempting to build a roundhouse. There was some serious work done and as you can see, it looks phenomenal!









Of course there were also the usual Camas activities involved. The songs, composed in Thursday morning reflection outline the week quite nicely:









TEAM MONOCLES: (to the tune of 'We will rock you')
We will, we will wash you
Standing in a line
cleaning up the dinnertime
Gotta make sure all the dishes shine
Got bread on your plate
Clean is its fate
Monocles are here with Westminster and Cre8
 CHORUS
Monocles we roll
Cleaning up the toilet bowl
Got those germs under control on the Isle of Mull
Sweep up the room
With a great big broom
Gotta do it fast cause activities are soon
CHORUS

TEAM POLOS (to the tune of 'Summer nights'):
Girls: Here at Camas we have no hot water.
Boys: Here at Camas it keeps getting hotter.
Girls: I went for a shower it was but a trickle.
Boys: Hot water here! You smell of pickle.
Summer days here at Camas
but the girls they all smell of lettuce.
(Oh well-a well-a well-a uh!)
Girls: Tell me more, tell me more is it as cold as the sea?
Boys: Tell me more, tell me more it’s as warm as my pee.
Camas days drifting away.
Girls: If only we had some hot showers!
 
TEAM RUBBER RINGS:
(to the tune of the ‘cup song’)

I got a ticket for a long plane ride
2 pairs of wool socks for the way
And I sure have found some good company
I’m leavin tomorrow, whish I could stay:
When I’m gone, when I’m gone. I’m gonna miss it when I’m gone. And I’m sure I had some sweet company, I’m leavin tomorrow whish I could stay.
REMIX…..
There’s a centaur and a gnome
down the well there was a comb
buried Eric in the sand
and the kayaking was grand
Lots of midges, lots of rain
I still wanna come again
We went swimming ‘stead of sleep
scared the heck out of some sheep
- and I’m leaving tomorrow, wish I could stay

TEAM DOUGHNUTS: 
(to the tune of 'Mary's got a little lamb')
We met each other a week ago, week ago, week ago
We met each other a week ago
And we became the doughnuts.
Kristen has long legs, long legs, long legs
Kristen has long legs
The longest I’ve ever seen
Maddy has a fear of dirt, fear of dirt, fear of dirt
Maddy has a fear of dirt
She showers twice a day
David is the sprinkle boy, sprinkle boy, sprinkle boy
David is the sprinkle boy
He always eats his meat
Jakey is our safety man, safety man, safety man
Jakey is our safety man
And he saves all our lives
Georgie is the bog monster, bog monster, bog monster
Georgie is the bog monster
And fell waist deep in mud
Abby likes her morning swim, morning swim, morning swim
Abby likes her morning swim
You can hear her miles around
Nick is our sleepy one, sleepy one, sleepy one
Nick is our sleepy one
He’s always in his bed
Grace is our Mrs. Strong, Mrs. Strong, Mrs. Strong
Grace is our Mrs. Strong
She cart wheeled through the abbey.
James is our princess, princess, princess
James is our princess
He capsized in the sea
Avril has a special friend, friend, friend
Avril has a special friend
He is Jim the gnome

TEAM MARTIANS:
(to the tune of 'yellow submarine')
In the town where I was born
lived a man who sailed to sea,
and he told us of his life
In the rainy Camas bay
So we paddled to the pier
till we found a pile of rocks
we stacked them up really high
in our lovely Camas bay
We all live in rainy Camas bay, rainy Camas bay, rainy Camas bay
We all live in rainy Camas bay, rainy Camas bay, rainy Camas bay
And our friends come down the track
many more of the m live next dorm
and the anchor begins to ring
As we live a life of ease
Every one of us has all we need
Sky of blue and sea of green
In our lovely Camas bay
We all live in rainy Camas bay, rainy Camas bay, rainy Camas bay
We all live in rainy Camas bay, rainy Camas bay, rainy Camas bay