Saturday 20 April 2013

Work weekers have very useful hands



13.4 – 19.4
Aprils's Spring work week gushed into action along with some heavy rain and heavy work. Wheel barrowing great amounts of pebbles from shore to the new polytunnel with its fancy drainage network. Bridges were rebuilt, along with new friendships. Walls painted, seeds planted, work benches designed and built. Floors oiled, bags sewn and lovely meals cooked with daily home made bread and scones to keep the troopers going on. Reflections led by candle light including a hike to witness the closing of the day at night. Stars and moon were gazed upon through a telescope gift. Jokes followed the rhythm and pattern of Camas fashion, often, daft and funny.
It was a time when men from Glasgow meditated and contemplated becoming vegetarian. Thank you to the very kind people who gave of themselves to support the Camas mission.  Here's the poem we made together at the end of a hard working week...

I have useful hands 

I have usefulhands...
and I made some plans,

I drilled a hole
and moved some sand.
I lit a candle
and sowed some seams.

I monkeyd around,
sowed some bags,
planted some lettuce 
baked some bread.

I made some soup
and I made a bridge.
I scrubbed a floor
then mades some scones.

I played with water,
drew a picture,
painted a bed
and in the end, 
I painted a shed.